Friday 10 February 2012

The Best chocolate ever





Love these guys, just a few km’s from my house there is something wonderful brewing. Two Dutch guys Rodney and Enver are making the most wonderful artisanal chocolate with African cocoa beans.

I not such a fan of sweets and certainly not milk chocolate- but their version has made me rethink.  The taste and texture are sublime- the best description I can come up with is..  Its more “chocolaty” than any chocolate bar I’ve ever tasted.
They call them Gorilla bars as the beans come from Virunga- East Congo, and that gives them their rightful position on this site.  There is a whole agricultural rehab. project going in this area to assist impoverished farmers and to manage and protect the old rainforest
Please try a bar - available at selected stores in Amsterdam but also online.

No comments:

Post a Comment