Tuesday 27 March 2012

La machinerie du livre de cuisine


Do you remember this quote in Lord of the Rings ? ' This task was appointed to you and if you do not find a way, no one will' Well, lately, I sort of thought that it was addressed to me. My name is not Frodo though, it is Tsito, I am from Madagascar, the big island at the foot of Africa. When I accepted to embark into the new african cook book venture and assist Ingmar and Sean during their trip in Madagascar, I didn't thought that the mystical arts of food stylism would be revealed to me…At the airport, when I saw the equipment they were carrying, I told myself, gosh this story is getting serious so I hold my breath and tried to show my brightest Malagasy smile...


As I found myself immersed into the creative process (a fancy way to say that I was watching Ingmar and Sean working) I felt like I was a food aesthete. No seriously, seeing one country with the eyes of a foreigner is probably an ability many of us want to have, and I suppose that I caught a glimpse of that experience…My eyes and my palate were delighted and I can definitely say that playing with food is so enjoyable and should not be forbidden (mum if you read this post)

No comments:

Post a Comment